Thursday, July 18, 2013

Small world story

I had a heckuva a day yesterday, it started with two listing appointments. The first was with a nice man, who had contacted our relocation team and he was looking to move to a new house. So I arrived, and we began to chat and get to know one another, as part of the trust factor.

So after some speaking, I learned he was a teacher at my husband's high school. The man asked me to say my last name again and also asked what my husband did while at the school, sports, specialties, etc. I said he played football, to which the man said, "Oh, football, I did not have many football players in my classes". So I asked my husband about him. He said, he had him for a class in 8th grade, then he had a few eccentricities in his office as well, like a stuffed beaver (Mr. Willowby) and a Felix the Cat clock on the wall. All interesting items.

My second listing was with a person who runs a train locomotive yard, he started with the company as an electrician out of high school. He quickly learned the trade and was promoted to the point now where he is in charge of all the big train engines in the yard. In fact, when he was receiving texts, his sound was that of a train horn, the same as my husbands.

You never know who you will meet in the world, so you always want to be open to the next experience. It was nice to share these stories with my husband, but it was nicer to connect with nice people to discuss their backgrounds and then yes, a little bit of real estate, the reason I was there. Get people to trust in you as a person, you never seem to be selling anything.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment