Thursday, July 25, 2013

My time is worth something....

As a Realtor, my time is worth something. I received a call yesterday from a sweet older lady who wanted to know more about the history of the house I have listed. She was very nice and asked about the history of the area, the history of the home, and proceeded to tell me her life history.

Now in sales 101, it is important for us to listen more than we speak, however after 30 minutes, this woman was cutting into my time, which is worth a great deal to my customers and prospects. Calling to discuss the type of paint used on the outside of the homes was a bit too much out of my comfort zone.

So remember as you work with people, while it is important to listen, sometimes you need to watch the clock and make sure your time is being used to its best abilities. It is OK to stop a person once they get off target and it will help you to become a better listener as you will be able to steer conversations back to the intended target that may get off track. There is nothing wrong with taking control of the conversation.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment