Thursday, October 17, 2013

10 signs you might have an unrealistic buyer on your hands.....

Now this is funny, see if you are in any of these top 10 posts about unrealistic buyers. I am sure we have thought this at one time or another. From my friend, fellow Realtor, Marc in South Florida:



1. "I am in control of this deal. The sellers need me more than I need them."

2. "I can get a mortgage with no problem. Let's go find the house and then we will worry about how to pay for it."

3. "I would like to find a house on the beach  for $100,000."

4. "Thank you for showing us these market statistics. My sister's boyfriend, who has his real estate license but works at Chili's, told me that it is still a buyers market." - my personal favorite!

5. "I know the roof checked out fine in the inspection but we would like the sellers to install a new metal roof for us. We love the way they look." - goes over well in Historic +Avondale and +Riverside

4. "I would like to make an offer 70% of the asking price and don't plan to go up a whole lot."  (The average discount in Jacksonville in September was 5.6%. See NEFAR market stats.)

5. "I would like a high-rise condo for $50,000. Oh, by the way, it needs to have an unobstructed water view, I have seen a lot of foreclosures in Miami, surely you have them here too!"

6. "I want to put down $2,000 and have the seller hold a mortgage for the rest."

7. "We want a new home with some acreage and a lake view within walking distance of downtown."

8. "I would like to lease option a condo, preferably on the beach. Can you help me find a seller that won't ask me to put much money down?"

9. "Here is our home inspection report. We would like the sellers to paint the entire house inside and out."

10. "I plan on retiring in 9 years but want to look at some property now. Can we see these 11 homes this weekend?" (True story)

As you can see many people have no problem asking for the ridiculous and think that "Hey, what else does this Realtor have to do", when in fact, just as in their business profession, there are people who are serious and there are the tire kickers. Realtors work hard to help clients and help them avoid the many pitfalls in the world of bad titles, bad inspectors, bad appraisers. You need an advocate to help you though the maze, as it is far worse now in 2013 than it ever was in the good years of 2004-2006. Call me today to learn about what I can offer you in Historic +Riverside and +Avondale.

#LizBobeck

No comments:

Post a Comment