Friday, September 6, 2013

Trulia's Real Etstae Regrets Survey data

Top 5 Renter's regrets:

  1. I wish I had bought instead of renting.
  2. I wish I had chosen a larger home.
  3. I wish I had been more financially secure (before my first apartment).
  4. I wish I had more information about the rental, before I rented.
  5. I wish I had chosen a neighborhood with a shorter commute to work.

Top 5 Homeowner's regrets:
  1. I wish I had chosen a larger home.
  2. I wish I had done more remodeling of the home, before I moved in, than I did.
  3. I wish I had more information on the home before I purchased it.
  4. I wish I had put more money down on the down payment.
  5. I wish I had been more financially secure before I purchased it.
Among homeowners who purchased their house from 2010-2013,  fewer had regrets than those who purchased a home between 2003 and 2009.

More millennial home owners have regret over their home buying decision than do baby boomers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment