Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Help support your friends and they will respond in kind

I was in attendance last night at the local restaurant +Harpoon Louie's  It is a nice place for getting together after work or during work, but most important to me, last night, we were there to support my friend +heather johnson in her work effort. She works for a company called +Earthguy and the owner was there as well, dressed as.....Earthguy. The work like Groupon, but they are local to +Jacksonville, FL and their deals are targeted toward the local folks here.

So we were at Harpoon's for trivia night and we ended up taking home 2nd place. The key to remember for trivia night is to have a large enough group of people to help answer all the "trivia" that you don't know. So we had friends of mine who were also Realtors in the area, but friends first. We also had my husband, +Jack Bobeck, a builder +Speir Bryant as well as a few other folks in attendance, but we were all there to support Heather Johnson and her business.

I've been to many trivia nights, but it is more fun when you are there to help support a friend. She is one of my best friends, she has had a hard life, but she now has a great job, something she loves and a great group of people around her to help support her. I know she is in a great place because I see more confidence in her. She walks around the neighborhood and she talks with confidence as well. Strong people in your life are hard to ignore, and I know she is headed to bigger and better things.

If I were to call on her, I know she would come calling in a second, she would be there to listen to me and my needs as well. I have my husband, +Jack Bobeck , but most importantly is to have friends who you can call and chat about "the weather" as we call it. In Real Estate, they say we should build a network of 12 people as part of our referral base, to me, this means 12 friends, as a friend is more important to me than a referral base.

What is stopping you from building your referral base? Start today!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment